Our web manager and farmer’s market customer Rachel Brekhus of Columbia has some favorite recipe websites:
Cookie and Kate – Browse recipes by ingredient or type of dish: breakfast, salad, dinner, dessert, drinks and favorites.
Seasonal and Simple – University of Missouri Extension’s guide to what fruits and vegetables are in season, with easy recipes
- Any Moosewood cookbook, but especially Moosewood Simple Suppers and Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home for good, fast recipes
- Mollie Katzen’s Vegetable Heaven and also her The Vegetable Recipes I Can’t Live Without
- Twelve Months of Monastery Soups
- Cooking Light Annual Recipes cookbooks, especially the one from 2008
- Bad Manners cookbooks- The recipes are great (and all are vegan), if you don’t mind the authors’ unique, curse-word ridden style. No taking the Lord’s name in vain, but definitely curse words. For a flavor of both recipes and salty language, see their blog.
- Wild About Greens by Nava Atlas: “125 delectable vegan recipes for kale, collards, arugula, bok choy, and other leafy veggies everyone loves”