Independence Day is Coming…Are You Ready For Picnics?
There are lots of ways to make delicious potato salad from Share-Life Farms’ purple potatoes!
This purple potato salad recipe (link) uses sour cream, green onions and radishes. Those who like a little more mustard in a potato salad may want to go with this next one, from Simply Organic, though:
Purple Potato Salad with Dijon Dill Dressing
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1½ teaspoons Simply Organic® lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2½ to 3 pounds small purple potatoes, halved (or quartered if larger)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced thin and cut into half-moons
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, season with a heavy pinch of sea salt and add in the purple potato halves. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. Pour the potatoes into a colander that is set into a sink to drain and cool.
In a large bowl combine the Greek yogurt, vinegar, Dijon, garlic and lemon pepper. Whisk until smooth. Continue whisking while slowly pouring in the olive oil. Add in the chopped fresh dill and stir to combine.
Once the potatoes have cooled completely, toss them with the dressing along with chopped green onions and sliced radishes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.